Monday 22 April 2013

Cool Cartoon Photo Effects images

Cartoons of Real Life
cartoon photo effects
Image by Gamma-Ray Productions
Myself with my half-silbings four or five years ago. This is a scanned photo.


House I - Roy Lichtenstein
cartoon photo effects
Image by H4NUM4N
Painted in Lichtenstein's almost cartoon-like style but all is not as it seems here. The structure comprises of two sides that are inside out. The next photo shows this.
It creates an optical illusion that messes with your depth perception so that when you've got your head round seeing what is actually there and you move off, if you keep watching it as you walk the structure appears to spin.
It's been said (by Pete and Dud I think) that the sign of a good painting is when the eyes follow you round the room. Is the sign of a good sculpture when the whole thing follows you round the garden?
I've uploaded a video of the effect to YouTube although it's not showing up yet - suppose it needs to get converted first.

At the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden. This wasn't on my ad-hoc itinery. I only happened across it on my way across the National Mall from the FBI to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. I'm pleased I did cut through though as there were a few interesting sculptures.




far, far away...
cartoon photo effects
Image by hessiebell
about a million years ago in a place far distant (worcester, mass.), my friend heather took me to a strange and wondrous place called a "crop". at the time, i had no idea that meant i'd be spending the day with dozens of women cutting out paper and gluing it onto other pieces of paper; but, when i walked in the door, i received a package of goodies, so i didn't mind too much.

being wholly unprepared for the day's task, i scrapbooked items i had in my wallet. one such collection were fortune cookie fortunes. the other were these far side cartoons -- my all-time favourites.

just recently, i was thinking of the top right one and wondering what had ever happened to it. imagine my delight when i found this while re-organizing my ever-growing craft paper collection.

ah, memory lane...

No comments:

Post a Comment