Saturday 16 February 2013

Cool How To Make Photo To Cartoon images

Day Two: Wii Remote
how to make photo to cartoon
Image by Chris Fritz
When joining the 365 toy project, I told myself "photos of toys, not video games"; however, at the same time, I planned to include photos of video game controllers (but not consoles). If a video game is like a cartoon on television, then the controller is like the action figure a kid plays with.

I intended to start with the NES controller, maybe in a few weeks, and work my way up through Nintendo system controllers maybe one every few weeks, but with Super Mario Galaxy out today, how could I not take a photo of my new toy for the 365 toys project?

The video game may be entertainment, but the Nintendo Wii's remote makes it a game, especially with the Wii Sports game. (Where can I locate three others to play it with?) So, for day two, I present a toy from the the must-have system for anyone who plays multiple player video games with friends (which sadly is not the case for me), the Nintendo Wii's Wii Remote (with the nunchuck attachment to the left).

I don't know what tomorrow's photo will be, but it will definitely be more "old fashioned" than a gaming controller =D


MASKED RIDER CIDER -- Collect 'em ALL ~ !
how to make photo to cartoon
Image by Okinawa Soba
The latest "Soda Craze" from DyDo Drinks --- Masked Rider Cider. "Cider" is a generic word used in the soft drink industry for what is basically a 7-Up type of lemon-lime flavor.

However, they call the flavor in this series LAMUNE --- a lemon-lime flavor originally imported from GREAT BRITAIN, and still popular in Japan today....and still sold in its distinctive glass bottles with the marble in it !

(Transliterated back into English as "RAMUNE (with an "R"), it is actually corrupted Japanese from the English "Lemonade", and closer to the English pronunciation using "L" rather than "R" --- LAMUNE. This is only one example of how screwed up things can get when translations and translators make a full circle with blinders on. --- OS)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramune

Actually, the Drink name is "MASKED CIDER", playing a rhyme off the main character's name.

The Japanese KAMEN RIDER (Masked Rider) live-action television series, animated cartoons, manga, and movies have long been popular with the kids, and you can collect NINE DIFFERENT CAN DESIGNS, all with your favorite characters from the series.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamen_Rider

There is only one button for this choice on every vending machine that has them, and what pops out will be one of the nine-designs --- which are all randomly loaded into the feed-chutes inside the machine.

I wonder if the local association of Children's Dental Practitioners fully approves of this ?

*

*

*

RANDOM SOBA : www.flickriver.com/photos/24443965@N08/random/


Easter Expectations
how to make photo to cartoon
Image by Rosa Say
Happy Easter!
This poem blogged on Talking Story today with more photos: I love Easter:

Easter is unrestrained, enthusiastic abundance.

It’s a basket of treats which never gets empty if you look hard enough.
Look by closing your eyes and feeling what’s there.

I love all of it, and that there’s a lot to love.

I love the lead up of Lent and Good Friday (good Catholic girl that I am), and
I love the glory of the day when Easter arrives.
I love that we expect that glory, and that wonder.

I love the pastel colors, and even the fake Easter grass.
I love seeing the Peeps in the market, and
I love getting that craving for marshmallow, and for
Cadbury malt.

I love the Easter Eggs, and everything we do about them, and with them.
I love the decorating with homemade dyes, and
I love making bunny footprints with flour.

I love our creativity, and even our indulgence.

I love all the chocolate and all the sugar.
I love that I will eat Easter’s treats without a shred of hesitation or guilt.

Oh! How I love the blooming.
I love the flowers — there are so many to love!
I love the greenery too, both lush and still tender,
The leafing (is that a word?) that is everywhere.

I love the art.

I love the playfulness that Easter critters inspire.
I love the chicks and bunnies, birds and butterflies.
I love them all showing us their softer sides,
All willing to become characters which are cartoons of themselves.
Even frogs wear Easter well.

I remember how we made Easter bonnets in kindergarten.
Do you?
I wish we all still wore Easter bonnets now.
Crepe paper, feathers, ribbons and all.
And no matter how old we have become.
We could still wear them well… silly grin included.
(Those red hat ladies are on to something.)

I love that Easter happens in the Spring.
(especially when it happens in April, and not in March).

I love that Easter day means Easter Sunday.
Sunday is elemental peacefulness.
Sunday is thankfulness and gratitude.
Sunday is Mālama time.

I love our reverence on Sunday, and our humility.
Our awe.
Our respect.
And Ha‘aha‘a as a value that looks like laughing no matter how you pronounce it.

I love the Palena ‘ole exuberance of Easter.
I love the joy of its Ka lā hiki ola flavored promises.

Easter renews us.
It’s vibrant.
It’s hopeful.
It’s a beauty which is very, very good for us.

It’s even beauty in that plastic, yet amazing Easter cellophane;
Purple, yellow, pink, and a
Green that isn’t really green at all,
But some kind of cool bluing. Prisms.

I love that Easter is about Faith.
I love that Easter is about Believing.

It’s amazing resilience, and Resurrection, I know, but you know what else?
Easter is a day to love your life, just as it is.
And yet,
Easter is also a day to think about flourishing in new ways.

So do that. Flourish.
Love Easter with me, and feel it love you back.


sky day 185
how to make photo to cartoon
Image by maureen_sill
the number of people in the world who have kissed each other is even
is the name of a comic i made today that i like

i wrote you a letter today, a letter that said good bye and i will miss you, my friend, when you go out west, it is not a letter it's just a list of all the things you told me you wanted to do with your life
i wrote them so you wouldn't forget
but how could you ever forget
the list has seventeen things on it
some of them are small to other people but important to you like
learn how to make really good homemade pasta noodles
some of them are bigger and require planning, like
move to portugal
be vegan forever
make a full length record with one of your bands that you really love
and some of them seem impossible like
convince people that owning land is not necessary to live life happily
never drive a car ever again

i will give it to you when we take you to the bus stop
i will put it in your backpack, inside of a book that i'm sure will be inside your black backpack in the compartment that has the patch with the wrench on it
i know you will see it because
you are the only person i've ever met who finishes every book that they start to read
because you do not give up on things easily

i don't know why i generally like sad people more than i like happy people
is it because they feel more honest to me?
i will wish i had a photo of you because i know
i will forget your big, cartoon turtle glasses over time
your greasy long brown hair that smells like marijuana and dust and clean water
your tight gray black pants and the way your face looks like it might be made of really smooth chewing gum when you smile
when you smile the quiet smile
when you laugh out of your nose, with air and no hearty sound
just a smile, close lipped, with a little puff of air
some humoristic satisfaction falling out of your face
i know i will forget little things about you
i wrote you the letter in which i told you, i hope you find it
i hope your girlfriends or boyfriends, depending on who you meet and fall into something with, wear tight pants and listen to you play bass guitar and read your schizophrenic zines with blotched black ink spots and receipts and realize how gorgeous you are
i know they will
they've got to
you've got to, somehow

No comments:

Post a Comment