Wednesday 16 January 2013

Cool Change My Photo Into A Cartoon images

Day 66 - NaNoWriMo Day 5
change my photo into a cartoon
Image by Sashala
Hey is that a falcon in our back yard?

I'm not getting out of this car. I don't want to go into that house. It's sad in there. Oh wait, I need to work on my NaNoWriMo novel!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ominous announcers voice:
Another day with no change in the word count. Will she be able to recover from these devastating setbacks?


Tech Tuesday Test Post
change my photo into a cartoon
Image by BenSpark
One thing I learned about sending images that were taken by a full fledged digital camera by popping the SD card from my Canon SD80 and putting it into my Treo 650 is that I can't send a huge image. First I need to change the quality and size of the image and then try to send the message and image together. So here is my second attempt to send a photo that originated on my Canon Camera to Flickr and have it automatically post to one of my blogs.

This is Unicron raising the roof.


My MeMe creation
change my photo into a cartoon
Image by covs97
1. Kate, 2. MacTomatoCheese6, 3. Mott, 4. Blue, 5. cast_red_chair, 6. coffee, 7. Japan, 8. creme brulee, 9. cartoon voice, (that's Mel Blanc) 10. love, 11. quirky, 12. covs97


Created with fd's Flickr Toys. Note the date, because it could all change tomorrow.

As seen by bethellen and Olivia Gatti.

The concept:

a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
b. Using only the first page, pick an image. -Actually I tried to pick pics on the "Most Recent" listing, as they were newer and "Fresh"
c. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd's mosaic maker.

The Questions:

1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One Word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name

So now it's your turn


PART 2-P 32
change my photo into a cartoon
Image by inuii
Empty Memory
I came too late! I had heard that "Samyan" would soon be destroyed and I had hoped to see it one last time. But the demolition had begun and by now it was almost gone.

Walking around Samyan, the area that I used to hang out as a University student, I stepped on the land where once was the restaurant where I used to have lunch with friends, walked across the land where the stationary shop used to be, where I would buy canvas for painting and walked past the place where the cartoon book rental shop was, every block used to have a small business set up for the basic needs of the university students. I don’t know why, but all these memories just came into my head so clearly, while I was walking over the land that filled with rubble, wood from window frames and every five meters some steel rod.

This land belongs to the University"Chulalongkorn" and was donated by the Royal palace to provide educational bennefit. Recently The University had a project to develop the area around the university as an extension of the developing "modern city", The plan is to transform it into a Big shopping center, somehow forgetting there are 10 such big shopping malls in a 1 kilometer radius. I see all this change as simply an encouragement to the new generation to see the world in a materialistic way, and also to encourage the university students, who can’t yet earn the money themselves, to enter in the shopping and consuming culture.

Yet the word"Development" just made me stop and think, The destruction of a community that has existed for over 60 years and had its own unique culture and identity, is this really "Development"?

Once the demolition is completed, Chulalongkorn will be open for Private investors and companies who want to submit plans and invest in this project. At least some of the money will go to support research projects in the university, as far as they said.

All of my thoughts tumble as I approach the steel rod, and I continue putting the camera in front of my face and pressing the shutter button to take a photo of something that I don’t want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment