Monday 27 May 2013

Cool My Photo To Cartoon images

Melbourne Gaza protest: Latuff cartoon
my photo to cartoon
Image by Takver
Protest against the Israeli attack on the Palestinians of Gaza held at the Melbourne State Library 4 January 2009 A handmade placard of a work by Brazilian cartoonist Latuff who said in Latuff: Cartoonist in Conversation, Dec 18, 2008 in Forward, a Jewish Daily:

My cartoons have no focus on the Jews or on Judaism. My focus is Israel as a political entity, as a government, their armed forces being a satellite of U.S. interests in the Middle East, and especially Israeli policies toward the Palestinians. It happens to be Israeli Jews that are the oppressors of Palestinians.

See other examples of Latuff's cartoons at Deviant Art

View the slideshow or see the photo set. View 3 videos: union speaker, FAMSY speaker and highlights of rally and march on Takver's Youtube channel.


lobster
my photo to cartoon
Image by Dan Morelle
This is dedicated to my poor friend 'lobby' who was sadly boiled alive by my neighbors, whilst I was on holiday in Robin Hoods Bay last week. A Mollusc in my Moleskine!

This is part of the whole ultra-cool Buy My Sketchbook thang.



Miau
my photo to cartoon
Image by Linked Arts
Changed my account to: www.flickr.com/photos/marrylinke/


Bedrock Theatre, where they show Flintstones cartoons all day at Bedrock City, AZ - bedrock46x
my photo to cartoon
Image by mlhradio
Bedrock City, Arizona. The theater, where they show Flintstones cartoons on a screen throughout the day. Coming to the end of the tour.

Located on a broad, flat, desolate plain to the south of the Grand Canyon, Bedrock City was built in 1972 (with a sister version near Mount Rushmore), as a combination kitschy tourist stop and campground. And aside from the garish, brightly-colored touch-up paint, the theme park is showing all of its thirty-plus years of the ravages of the harsh Arizona weather. A couple dozen squat, sturdy, shaped concrete buildings forming the town of Bedrock, with assorted kiddie rides, like a dinosaur slide and go-kart track. An interesting example of tourist-Americana of a bygone era, and equally amazing that it is still puttering along after all these years. For more information, see the Roadside America entry on Bedrock City. An absolute must-see if you're the kind of person to keep an eye out for the next Stuckey's on the side of the highway, or always on the lookout for the occasional Muffler Man.

December 1, 2007. Photo #46 of 50 of my 'Bedrock City, AZ' photoset.

No comments:

Post a Comment