Monday 24 December 2012

Winker Watson

Winker Watson
cartoon photo frames
Image by Glamhag
Submitted to Flickr Monthly Scavenger Hunt for September under Pie

Cropped from a much larger photo featuring many Mister Men (two visible at bottom of frame), Jonah, Lady Penelope, Spongebob, Squidward, Mr Rusty and sundry other icons of popular culture. I'd like to have left them all in but then spectators may not have noticed the essential pie which Winker has undoubtedly obtained by means of one of his wizard wheezes.

I'd also much rather have shown you Bash Street's Fatty who had a much more prominent place in the same shop window, but that archetypal gourmand had opted for the sweeter treat of a cake with a cherry on top.

If only he'd been tucking into a plate of bangers and mash!


Double sided frame 5
cartoon photo frames
Image by yamunah2002
Double sided Photo frame. material used: wood, papers and cartoon eyes.


1988 Roger Rabbit Ink 'N' Paint Club Pin
cartoon photo frames
Image by JD Hancock
"Ink 'N' Paint Club, Who Framed Roger Rabbit"

I bought this and several other Roger Rabbit-related pins at Victoria Mall in Victoria, TX the summer after I graduated from high school. My friend Robbie and I loved the movie and would argue about which of us was the bigger fan.

This is one of many curious items collected in JD's House of Miscellany.


Me & Shock at Robot Chicken on Wheels
cartoon photo frames
Image by Pocheco
But who is the red gentleman?


199811 - Clint's room - before moving out - wall stuff - b4c1
cartoon photo frames
Image by Rev. Xanatos Satanicos Bombasticos (ClintJCL)
I still have most of this stuff too. 1-2 of those calendars are up in our kitchen. The Seinfeld Forever poster ( @ yardsale) is in my room now. The yellow tree painting is still around -- I love it because it's the antithesis of whree I want to be. The skeleton and Tower Records calendar (to left of skeleton) are still around. I probably even have that knife in the door still. The black-and-white art I made in 8th grade (top right) is still around, as is the Ren & Stimpy framed picture. Hell, I even know where the Gambit bookmark is: In the archway over the stairs to my kitchen.

The corkboards are something we are currently trying to give away.

Gambit.
CDs, Gambit bookmark, Ren & Stimpy picture, Seinfeld poster, The Far Side comic strips, X-Men calendar, bulletin board, cds, christmas lights, corkboard, door, drawing, knife, painting, picture, skeleton, tacks.


Clint's room, Mom and Dad's house, Woodbridge, Virginia.

November, 1998.
Art by Clint.


... Read my blog at ClintJCL.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment