Monday 17 June 2013

Nice Make Photo Cartoon photos

20090907 - art - arrangement - bubble gum wrapper art, Jetfire, Ravage aka Jaguar, Megatron, Anti-Bush sticker, Rubik's World, The Tick - GEDC0028
make photo cartoon
Image by Rev. Xanatos Satanicos Bombasticos (ClintJCL)
Sometimes I consider arrangements of random objects in my house to be "art".

For the longest time Jetfire, Megatron, Goliath, Spider-Man, and Batman all stood side by side, with their right arm extended, and the "A dictatorship would be easier" anti-George W. Bush bumper sticker up on their shoulders. I would have used the left arm, like with Bush, but only Spider-Man's right arm raised.

And yes, Jetfire, an Autobot, is holding Ravage (aka Jaguar), a Decepticon, in his hand like a gun.

But then my 7-speaker stereo came along, deploying new speakers where there were no previously evicting these guys to other parts of the house. Somehow, this Rubik's Globe ended un on a piece of paper that was a map of the world, creating an interesting juxtaposition. Somehow, Megatron ended up next to it. His broken leg causes him to lean on the world, which makes me think of Atlas and Atlas Shrugged. And also how Megatron wanted to exploit the world.

Putting them in front of my Aunt Beth's gum-wrapper American-flag art seemed fitting. And then throwing The Tick on there was just kind of funny.

I wish the best-composed shot hadn't come out blurry. I liked it better when Ravage/Jaguar's face was pushed past the American flag. It added to the symbolism.

politician: George W Bush.
A Dictatorship Would Be Easier sticker, American flag, Rubik's World, The Tick action figure, Transformers: Ravage aka Jaguar, Transformers: Jetfire, Transformers: Megatron, arrangement, art, bumper sticker, gum wrapper, sticker.


upstairs, Clint and Carolyn's house, Alexandria, Virginia.

September 7, 2009.
Art by Beth Bowen.


... Read my blog at ClintJCL.wordpress.com
... Read Carolyn's blog at CarolynCASL.wordpress.com

Beth is my aunt (mom's sister).




Dante Shepherd
make photo cartoon
Image by pugg71
I'd heard about Dante Shepherd on a podcast I listened to about three days prior to SPX, and was happy to see him at the show. Dante makes Surviving The World, which is a photo-comic. He was, therefore and understandably, a little confused when I asked him to draw a self-portrait for me. He was a good sport about it, though.


:vyvy: hi_aaan
make photo cartoon
Image by Ramona.Forcella
eating sushi ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment